29 December 2011

Barbie Gets Tatted

I have loved Barbie dolls since I was a little girl.  I can remember getting my very first Barbie when I was 5 or 6 years old.  She had a beautiful cinnamon complexion, long black silky hair and bold pink eye shadow and lip gloss.  She was the only doll I played with for years until my younger brother ripped her head off (le sigh).  I actually cried because I loved that doll so much.  But Barbie has come a long way since my childhood. 

Earlier this year, Mattel announced a new limited-edition tokidoki Barbie featuring a pink bob, hot pink mini skirt, sky-high sparkly silver stilettos, and tattoos across her chest, arms, and back.  GO BARBIE!!

While this temporary look caused quite a stir among parents, this doll was meant to be a collectors item for adults.  This is definitely not the Barbie I remember as a little girl.  What do you think of Barbie's more modern (though limited time) look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment