31 May 2012

Nueva York - Day 1

Needless to say, I had a blast in New York. There is so much to see and do it makes it hard to leave. I had a long to-do list that quickly became irrelevant once I got into the swing of things.  Instead of creating a single blog entry about my entire trip, I've decided to break it up and elaborate on the highlights. I hope you enjoy!!

Harlem, NY

The Demolition Depot was one of the first buildings I spotted when I got off the bus in Harlem.  I really liked how old parts were used to create the wording across the building and you can see all types of rummage through the windows.  The Demolition Depot is a unique source of vintage plumbing fixtures, doors, windows, shutters, railings, gates, etc, etc. which are geared towards the re-creation and renovation of period places.  I was inspired.  If I hadn't been bogged down with luggage (and, more importantly, if they had been open), I would have stopped and taken a look around.

On a more random note, the 2nd building I noticed was the DMV and the line was down the block!! Keep in mind it was about 8:30am on Friday morning. Sheesh!

Brooklyn, NY
I didn't have a lot of time for photos initially as I was on a strict timeline to get to my dear friend's apartment before he left for an appointment.  Unfortunately, even after rushing, I arrived too late. I used my free morning to get some breakfast at the bottega and get a much needed pedicure.  The bottega and the nail shop were across the street from each other and a block from my friend's apartment.  How awesome is that?  Reason number #459 why I love NYC!!

After feeding my belly and getting my feet to a more presentable state, I took a moment to chill out on the stoop.  I noticed the texture and colors in the aged door behind me and decided it would make a great back drop for a photo.  Viola!! This was the result.  I concluded that if I ever made a CD, this would be my album cover. 

That evening I went out to Iguana New York Restaurant & Dance Lounge.  The drinks were strong and the music was great.  What more can a girl ask for?  The night also included a stop at Ray's Pizza (I'm not sure which one but it was delish!).  Here I am at the end of the night (roughly around 5:15 am) waiting for the subway after a great evening in the city!!

Union Square

0 comments:

Post a Comment